The following bug fixes, new features, and improvements are now part of the EdReady platform, as of 30 Mar 2018:
- We put most of our effort for this release on bug-fixing, database clean-up, and some performance improvements. While there are always more bugs and opportunities for improvement, we were able to verify that these changes made a substantial difference in run-time performance, and a number of tasks which had previously thrown errors or otherwise run slowly are now working very nicely.
- The most substantial user-facing change relates to the student’s “Results Page”. This page, which is seen immediately after completing the initial diagnostic, and thereafter immediately after entering a goal, used to only show unit-level status indicators. We updated the page so that each unit also now shows a graphical breakdown of the topic status within each unit. This change was motivated in part by the fact that we have better data than we were showing, and in part because the unit-level status is too crude a metric to properly convey the type of personalization EdReady enables. We will be making a few minor additions to this new page over the next few months, but otherwise we are quite happy with the way it is working.