Most colleges and universities use placement exams to determine student readiness for college and/or for math and English specifically. These exams include the SAT®, ACT®, and more. In some cases, these exams affect your chances of admission to the school, in addition to your placement in college-level or remedial courses. In other cases, the school may admit you but the placement exam will determine whether you can take college-level (credit-bearing) courses or have to take remedial (developmental) courses first. Poor performance on placement exams can be very costly (in time and money) to your college and career goals. The NROC Project built EdReady in part with the hope that students who use EdReady will be able to pass or avoid placement exams and improve their chances of success in higher education.
Articles in this section
- Turn Contrast Controls On/Off
- How to get a Goal Key
- Goal Key not found
- How can I get help with English?
- What accessibility supports does EdReady provide?
- Troubleshooting / Need Help
- What if I need to switch Goals (classes)?
- When should I receive my account activation email? Mine never showed up.