If you do poorly on a placement exam, you may get placed into remedial classes (also called developmental or basic education). These classes usually cost as much as regular college courses, and take up lots of time, yet do not usually confer any college credit. The situation varies from state to state and from school to school, but as a rule, it is better to avoid remedial classes if at all possible.
Articles in this section
- What disability supports does EdReady provide?
- Troubleshooting / Need Help
- What if I need to switch Goals (classes)?
- When should I receive my account activation email? Mine never showed up.
- What does the suggestion and search dialog do on the My Schools page?
- What are "Goals"?
- When should I use EdReady?
- Why do I need to create an account?
- Why is my school or program directing me to EdReady?
- Why do I need to provide a zip code or location?