EdReady utilizes a simple email-based authentication system for creating and storing student accounts. Students can create their own accounts using any valid email address. A few points to keep in mind:
- The email address must be one the student can readily access, to retrieve the account activation email and complete EdReady registration.
- If using a school email address, be sure students are able to receive emails from outside domains.
- Most log-in issues arise because students mis-type their email addresses or forget their passwords.
Note: Gmail allows the use of a "dot" (.) in the email address (e.g., [email protected]), and will recognize the account with or without the dot. However, EdReady will not. Students who use a dot in their Gmail address must be consistent about their use of the dot when signing up and logging in to EdReady.
If a student is having trouble creating (or verifying) his account, it is likely that the email address is wrong. Try the following:
- Check to see if the student received an account activation email (look in the spam folder too).
- If no activation email was received, the student should try to create another account. If the email is already in the system, EdReady will alert the student to this fact.
- In that case, the student should use the "I forgot my password" link to set a new password.
- If the activation email was received but the student cannot confirm the email using the link provided, the student can either copy and paste the verification code directly into a browser, or there are some instructions that a student can follow to verify the account manually.
We strongly suggest that student accounts be created and verified correctly before they start using EdReady. The student's email address is the only possible way to reset passwords, and EdReady sends communications about their progress to the student email addresses. However, if absolutely necessary, it is possible for an administrator with sufficient administrative privileges to manually activate (verify) students by navigating to the Students tab on the Administrative Dashboard, editing the student's account, and clicking the "Activate" button.
If your custom version of EdReady is set up to create and manage accounts via single-sign-on integration with another platform (e.g., a learning management or student information system), then no further authentication is required from EdReady and log-in issues reside with that third-party platform.
Can't login after password reset
When students have difficulty logging in after resetting their password, the cause may be that they have not input the temporary password correctly.
- If the password was copied/pasted, it's possible that an additional character or even white space was included. Try again, or try typing in the temporary password manually.
- The student may have logged in once, and changed the password manually.
In either case, the "I forgot my password" link can be used again to reset the password.